indesit dish washer drainage!

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
my dishwasher indesit D4000 - 11 year old . After the washing cycle is complete with no problems am told that next day or possibly after few hours we find water standing in the washer?? i have checked the drainage and all looks ok is it drainage pump related/ blocked drainage/
or any other. thanking you in advance for advise/help
If it is drainage pump than is it possible to clean it and how will i get to it
I mean from the side or from rear any help on instructions is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
How much water is in the base , over the filters or under it. When you turn it on does it empty.

• Thanks
Reactions: ih
possibly 2 ltr plus water /over the filters mate! Yes it empties (she swears by this)

Is the waste pipe attached to the sink spigot. If so it could be syphoning water from the sink back into the waste lift it up higher.

• Thanks
Sponsored Links
Yes waste pipe attached to sink spigot and this has been the case for the past 11 years!Pardon my ignorance what do i need to lift higher?

The waste pipe needs to be in a loop at the end to stop it flowing back from the sink. . It's poss got moved or dropped down when someone was in the cupboard .

• Thanks
thanks rocks1 i understand that i need to lift the SINK waste pipe? you may be right there as i was under there few weeks ago to change the drinking water faucet! and might have disturbed the sink waste!!

No , the waste pipe that comes from the dishwasher to the sink spigot , it should be a metre high and a loop at the end to stop waste water from the sink going back down the Waste pipe.

• Thanks
No , the waste pipe that comes from the dishwasher to the sink spigot , it should be a metre high and a loop at the end to stop waste water from the sink going back down the Waste pipe.

Update! I have checked that the waste pipe is as you suggested. But my problem is still there. The washer completes the cycle and all is dry but after 12 hours you get to see clear water above the filter and the quantity of water starts to increase very slowly looks like the inlet valve is letting bi? Is this possible or is it something else?(i have made sure double spigot and all drainage points are clean and free flowing) i donot think it is reverse syphon! thanking in advance.

Yes it looks that way if it's clear water. Valve is letting by ,

• Thanks
thanks will appreciate if you can advise me how do i get to the inlet valve? i mean how many side i need to open and which ones? any tips will be appreciated

Tip it inside done and undo the base. It might need cleaning it could have sand/ grit in it.

• Thanks
i was going to order a 90 degree universal valve from ebay! will this be ok to fit?

Dont know to be honest , they can't be more than a tenner for the real thing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back