indesit dishwasher. rocks1 i need you

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im new to this site so not altogether how to use it and how helpful it maybe. after veiwing several of your posts though you seem to be the man/women im looking for. My indesit idl40s dishwasher has lately been playing up. Unit starts,drain pump,water fills,water emptys then led lights 1 and 3 flash all this happens within 1/2 minutes but this fault has corrected itself twice before in the past month. i replaced the drain pump over a year ago as in my rush to remove it i wore the lugs down, the problem turned out to be a coin shaped pan lid "thingy" stuck in the filter so was no need to remove pump but that another story. So back to my problem my thoughts are the capcitor on the ciculation pump as read this can give faulty reading to drain pump then board shows drain pump fault. I served a plumbing apprenticeship and have been corgi/gas safe registed for 10 years so feel im competant enough to replace the faulty compotant and i know i can test the capcitor, but would like you advice. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Circulating pump gone or poss jammed.

O great thanks rocks1 your the name that keeps popping up with answers too dishwasher faults and really glad youve responded so soon. thiais problem being the main reason for join this site. So did i make sense with my capacitor theory or should i just replace circulation pump which i think comes complete bwith one. Ive found a cheap site and can buy one for £45 inc pp. Last time i had it on its side the pump was free.

Test cap first they cost pennies

Sponsored Links
Thanks rocks1 ill try that this week bit rusty on the test itself but ill have a read. would you except my friendship on this site too as would like have your experience to hand cheers. The girlfriend will be happy if i hurry and fix it not good for her hands all this washing up hehe :LOL:

Removed the pump tonight and wired a plug straight too it sssshhhhhhh, my girlfriend give me funny look hehe. So the only way it will work at the moment is with a quick turn with screw driver. What do you suggest new pump or wd40 well something like that

So what happened did it turn. Did you meter the cap first.

it turned with spin of screw driver and stayed spinning
. testing gear in van at work so unable tonight.

If it started to spin and stayed spinning sounds like a faulty cap cos u kick started it.

Thats great thanks rocks1 im gonna buy one tomorrow can you recommend a good site or shall i just go to a local appliance shop that sells them. woo hoo i love this site hehe :p :p :LOL: :) :) :D :D :D

try a appliance shop poss cheaper , or ebay the shop might even test it for you .

thanks again ill let you know later in week how i got on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back