indesit dual fuel cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello gents, I hope you are all well and can I thank you in advance for your help... plus I can't find the model number for this beauty, data plate removed...

it's the electric side of it. It's tripping the RCD after 5 minutes of the oven trying to heat up the element. the element is trying to get hot but it's not, getting slightly warm. I've tested the element and:

There is continuity
resistance is around 28.5ohms

but there is no 240v through the connections of the element. I've checked all the leads and connections and they are showing continuity, it has to be a blown element maybe?

Cheers for guidance.

Adamsheating.

Sponsored Links
I was testing fro 240v at the element, it was present at the fan, i just assumed it would be at the element as well as all the parts run via 240v's?? It wasn't so I then checked the connections to the element and they all were showing continuity.

My multimeter doesn't stretch to insulation resistance... :oops:

hoping you could advise further?

Sponsored Links
The element resistance you can see is in about the right ballpark for a 2kW oven.

Can you not measure insulation resistance between the element and the case in the way you have the element resistance? A megger would be better, testing at or above the working voltage, but a resistance value could help diagnosis, particularly if it's below what would be expected.

Some ovens don't work after the power has been disconnected and reconnected until you've gone through the routine of setting the timer/clock. - that's to stop them turning themselves on unexpectedly after a power cut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back