Indesit IDF125 flashing lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Have an Indesit IDF125 dishwasher and it has started to mis-behave.
Doesn't matter which cycle it is on but after a few minutes (water comes in, heats up - I presume) lights start flashing and water drains out.
This was intermittent to start off with but rapidly became all the time.
I have tried resetting it and checking the water intake and outflow but no good.
The flashing lights are the three bunched together (wash, sun, end). Have attached picture - sorry about the quality.
Any ideas?
Regards,

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the device that measures water intake has gone awol.
Can you post the full model details (sticker on the door lip).

TYPE LS12-DEA601 S2

Attached photo of label if there is anything else of relevance on it.
Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Thanks zipper.
Part ordered.
Will update with result.
Regards,

Hi zipper, part has arrived.
How do I fit it?
Regards,

Hi zipper,
Do you have a service manual for the IDF125?
I have taken the side off and can see where the replacement part goes but before I go much further (as I don't want to break anything in the process), what's the correct/best method of progressing this? (If anybody else knows, feel free to contribute.)
Regards,

No manual I'm afraid, trade only. It wouldn't help you anyway as there are no instructions in it on how to change the air-break tank/turbine. But it is very simple. Screw out the ring-nut on the inside (take care of the o-ring) & remove the hoses...that's about all there is to it :D

Thanks zipper.
Done and working.
Excellent result.
Regards,

Hi have an Indesit IDF 125 dishwasher that started misbehaving after two power drops. The cycle starts, rinses and drains first time. It doesn't open the detergent cup, and never goes in to further steps. It remains flashing the "Start" button light and then goes off after 1 hour so. When left turned off, eventually will start draining and the middle-bottom led and the start button led will blink intermittently. After a good time doing this, it will turn off.

I cleaned and pumped with plunger, I removed the machine's bottom cover and accessed the drain pump, I found a screw within the turbines that looks like the one from the sink of the dishwasher, but none of them were missing. I mounted everything back and still the same behaviour. The only difference is that it doesn't make noise when drains I guess the loosen screw was obstructing.

Any ideas what to look for? Thanks in advance.

Do the basics

Cancel any previous programme

1) 2 jugs of water in tub, turn on, select any programme, wait for drain to finish, open door, all gone?

2) close door, start cycle again, wait for it to finish filling, open door, wheres the water level?

Thanks Yardi for replying,

I did as you said.

1. I poured the water on tub and without turning on DW and starting cycle, the DW drained the water. However, I tuned it on and started cycle, the drain continued but the remained blinking middle -bottom and start buttons.

2. I turned it off and on, started a new cycle, and then machine drained a bit, then started filling water and I paused and open door when stopped filling. The water level was up to the elbow of the vertical rinser, i.e. the edge of the tub. I closed it and left it continue, but then the cycle stopped at start button blinking again.[/img]

I think a photo of inside the tub to see how high its filling with the aide of your description above could help.

Do you think it could be overfilling?

This is what the DW does though it is turned off. It has been like that the whole night. It is just flashing without draining.

This is the water level during the rinse part of the cycle.

It is overfilled? I have no idea as I never checked the levels, can you tell from the photos?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back