Indesit IDF125 flashing lights

When you say turned off you mean the on/off button on the front control panel is in the off position? Or do you mean that it is on by the on/off button but no programme is selected?

The water level is not clear in the photo but it should really only need to cover the bottom filter plate that the filter screws into.

I think your water level is probably ok and believe the problem is more likely to be related to the heating element.
Do you have access to a meter to test?

Sponsored Links
I mean I turned off from the on/off button, I have turned the power socket on/off also and the machine remains blinking both buttons, I push/hold on/off button again and the flashing come back again.

Where is the heating element?

If you pull the plug from the wall the lights on the machine may stay on for a short period but should go out after 30 secs.

If the lights comes on when the plug is put back into the wall socket and wall socket switched on with the machines on/off push button in the off position then there is most likely a fault with the main control board.

Well yes, the only way to stop the flashing lights is by powering off the main socket.

How to verify that the problem is the main control board?

Sponsored Links
It could be a faulty on/off switch on the machine but then you would just expect the machine to power on and stay on all the time as it appears to be doing but you would also expect the machine to work normally so could also be a fault on the control board.

Removal of the front door panel is the only way to check for visible damage to the control board, a meter will be needed to check the on/off switch.

Is there an option to cancel the existing programme?

The option I have seen so far is to push the on/off button until is off completely. I haven't found another way in the manual. After it goes off for about 1 hour and then other hour blinking both buttons.

I will remove tomorrow the front panel and check for any fault there.

According to the manual the drying light flashing is a faulty water inlet valve.
The control panel could be locked up because the fault has not been fixed.
Do not remove the door panel yet!

Check water pressure is good at the end of the water feed inlet hose that fits onto the rear of the machine.
Get a meter and check resistance of the water inlet valve, though its possible it could be sticking even when resistance appears ok.

Remove the top lid and the left side panel, this will expose the internal water fill hose so you can see if water is in fact trying to get in but a blockage is preventing it, or if there is no visible attempt of water trying to fill.

I already removed front panel, nothing weird was found, I put i back on.

I removed top and left panels. I know for sure both waste and intake water hoses are fine as I checked them yesterday. I selected the soaking cycle and it finished. I saw the water coming normally. The left hand side looks like this

I selected program 5 and in took enough water but then I stop it. turned off/on and drained completely. Then 2 lights started again. Always, first time the 2 lights appear after off, it drains, then stops draining but lights remain blinking. I don't know if I mentioned that these lights and draining come on even with door open!

However, after it finished It turned off but 20 mins later the 2 lights started blinking again.

What is that orange at the left-bottom side? is it normal?

At the moment I turned off and closed the water outlet.

If its still draining even with door open usually suggests anti-flood switch, any leaks in the base?
Usual trick is to tip machine back, water will come out the back if water in the base. Or could be a faulty switch on the anti-flood float. This is found in the base and has a polystyrene float.

Not sure what the orange part is, photo not very clear but there is a valve just below it which lets in softened water, not always activated!

You got a heater fault. Part no is coo256527. Cost about 40 quid or less.

How old is the machine from new? Curious!

Buy a cheap multimeter with test leads, £5 one will do for basic testing.
If you find the fault to be the heater you'll know its worth spending the £40 on a new heater.

Rocks : do these heater types have a high failure rate? i.e not the thru flow on most dw and not the common bosch ring type(similar to wash machines).
I'm guessing they are a newer design of heater type being fitted to many new machines now.

Yes very high. I do loads of them. It's because the mc don't get cleaners though them very offen. The mc does a test at the start and errors in 30 seconds if theres a fault.

That applies to all heaters surely just wondered if this type was exceptionally prone to failure due to design.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back