Indesit Sixl 145K Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we put our washing machine on last night before we went to bed when I got up it was still going, but was make a funny noise and then I saw water all over the floor so turned it of by the looks of it the water is coming from underneath but cannot see any split pipes or anything, the machine is still got water inside as the rubber black pipe underneath if you squeeze it you can feel the water but did see some water pump out?

When I turned the machine back on to see if it would pump the rest out the red led that indicates the door was locked was flashing which I have never seen it do before, but it still went on and pumped a bit out then made a beeping noise and turned of and more water on the floor.

So any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Just had another look underneath and it looks like the water is coming somewhere from the drum any ideas?

Remove the lid and shine a torch down there. The leak could be anywhere door seal, dispenser pipes , drum. Etc.

Hi Rocks its hard to tell but from underneath you have the plastic casing with the drum inside then in front of that just under the door you have a concrete plate and the water seems to be coming between the plate and the drum so im guessing its time for a new one shame when its not even 2 years old :(

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the door seal band is loose needs tighting.

Any idea on how and where this is done? had a look from the top all I can see around the door seal is like a metal spring type band that seems to be very tight no way of making it tighter and underneath cannot see anything?

Any idea on how and where this is done? had a look from the top all I can see around the door seal is like a metal spring type band that seems to be very tight no way of making it tighter and underneath cannot see anything?

Needle nose pliers to pull together or remove and clean the scale off the bottom of the seal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back