Indesit W103 wont Drain + Dial Spins + Parts fell off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I hope someone can help as my old washing machine is acting up.
I pulled out the machine from the cupboard and placed it on some bricks so it is raised slightly off the floor.

1st problem was it wont drain, so I found a thread here and got the front panel off.
It appears to be clogged with limescale so I got some 'scale away' and drained that off manually.

2nd problem is I found some white plastic parts under the machine.
Parts '1' and '2' in the diagram.
I dont know if these are part of the machine or lost childrens toys.

3rd problem I have but the machine back and now when I start a wash cycle the programme dial just keeps turning whthout doing anything useful.

4th problem - although this may not be a problem as such. I took a picture of the bottom of the machine and there is a plastic hydrolic looking arm which is only attached at the top. Should this be so?

TIA Andy

I have some pictures below.

Sponsored Links
Good news and bad. 1 and 2 are transit bolts no need for them. The leg that's floating should be attached to the cabinet it's ripped a hole in the base. What u can do is put a large washer on the base of cabinet to stop it going though otherwise if it's to big of a hole it's a total loss.

The leg that's floating should be attached to the cabinet it's ripped a hole in the base.

Can you clarify further?
I took the picture looking up from the bottom so there is no base.
where on the picture do you think it should be attached?

That suspension leg goes on the edge of the cabinet. Look at the other side. Or look for the big hole on the underside.

Sponsored Links
Wow , never seen that before.
guessing that the transit bolts been left in and just caused major issues with the machine ????

Those plastic bits are just spacers, not too uncommon to find them in the base of the machine as they fall down when the transit bolts are removed and not everyone picks them up afterwards.

I tipped the machine over fully today to get a good look and found the holes where the hydraulic tube were suppoed to be attached. and yes there is a '1 inch lip' that rock1 refers to as the base. in fact there are 2 holes and both hydraulic tubes hanging down.

Drainage Solution
I also noticed that the 2 red wires behind the pump have become detached and thats why the pump was not working.
(maybe the hydraulic arms knocked the wires out during the last spin cycle)
Once reattached, the pump works. :)

I set the machine to carry out a wash cycle earlier and it has completed.
There is a sauce worth of water on the floor, so it looks like I have a small leak somewhere. :confused:
Is there a easy solution for this new problem '5' ? or should I knock it on the head and start saving for a new machine?

You need to put them suspension arms back some how big washers might do it. Other wise it can force it's way out of the cabinet and cause a flood and injury to some one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back