Indesit WD12S dial-spinning and flashes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Indesit WD12S will start a wash but then stop at a random point and the dial will click around. The last time it did this I saw 13 LED flashes which I read indicates a drier fault BUT the drier wasn't in use --- this was during the wash itself. The drier dial was set to OFF (I rarely use it).

This fault can happen five minutes after the wash starts, or at any time afterwards. It seems to happen only during the actual wash, and not the rinse or spin. IN fact, at first I thought it was happening at the point it usually clicks around to the rinse cycle.

I've checked the drainage hose, and it seems clear. I can "finish" the wash by manually switching the machine to rinse, so it's emptying fine. I checked the filter (bottom right) and it's clean.

Indesit's helpline reckoned it's a damaged EEPROM but I read in other messages here that it might be the pressure switch. I'm new to washing machine repair, so where is that located, and how can I test it?

If it's any help, it looks like the "quick" wash cycle (no 8 on the dial) works fine.

I've had the machine for about six years, I think, and it's been faultless. If it has any bearing, for the first time a week or two ago, I tried the "600 RPM" switch. This is the first time I've ever used it (normally it's just a 40 degree "program 4" wash). Might this have caused it? It also had a nasty spin a week or so ago, where it thumped on the ground.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Further to the above....

I've had a good look inside the machine by taking the top off and nothing appears to have become disconnected. Nothing appears to have burned out.

I did find a plastic object loose inside the machine. It looks like a short candle. I've attached a photo. I can't see any other objects like it inside.

[/img]

Further to the above again, and possibly vitally important this time.

Whenever I plug in the washing machine, the power trips at the fuse box. Thinking that the socket was faulty, I tried it in two different sockets and the same thing happens.

I'll still be interested to hear what anybody else has to say about this, but I think I've fixed it.

If you've stumbled on this thread via Google, and want to fix your machine, try the following (in order):

1. Clear the filter (located at the bottom-right as you look at the machine; you'll have to remove the clip-on facia to get to it). It unscrews. Carefully feel inside for objects. People have reported finding coins etc here. Bear in mind that you'll need to drain the machine first, or water will come flooding out.

2. Reset the machine's computer by turning it off, switching the dial to an "off" position (ie where it clicks to at the end of a programme) and turn it on. The light should flash a number of times, as if you've just started a programme, before it starts to flash like it's finished a programme. THIS IS WHAT APPEARS TO HAVE FIXED IT FOR ME

3. Check the drainage hose for blockages. This will involving removing the machine from it's bay so is a last resort.

Sponsored Links
I'll still be interested to hear what anybody else has to say about this, but I think I've fixed it.

If you've stumbled on this thread via Google, and want to fix your machine, try the following (in order):

1. Clear the filter (located at the bottom-right as you look at the machine; you'll have to remove the clip-on facia to get to it). It unscrews. Carefully feel inside for objects. People have reported finding coins etc here. Bear in mind that you'll need to drain the machine first, or water will come flooding out.

2. Reset the machine's computer by turning it off, switching the dial to an "off" position (ie where it clicks to at the end of a programme) and turn it on. The light should flash a number of times, as if you've just started a programme, before it starts to flash like it's finished a programme. THIS IS WHAT APPEARS TO HAVE FIXED IT FOR ME

3. Check the drainage hose for blockages. This will involving removing the machine from it's bay so is a last resort.

Ah, I spoke too soon. It's now worse than ever. It seems to happen when the machine comes to drain during any particular part of the cycle.

If anybody has any idea, let me know :(

pcb goosed need a new one and epprom as well :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back