Indesit Widl 146 Wash/Dry Machine - Overfilling + Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well... I recently got my machine fixed but there it goes again.... I guess I was happy too soon. -_-

My wash/dry machine turns on like always and I don't get any error flash lights. I select the program I want it to run and it starts normal. It first lets water run through the pre-wash detergent section and stops, then it lets water run through the actual detergent section and starts turning the drum, however it does not stop! The water keeps on running even if my laundry got too heavy to be able to turn the drum; in addition to that I see the water-level rise unusually from the window on the door. Luckily I was able to stop the machine, and I put it on the "drain program" to empty the water from the drum.... I've repeated this several times and the same error occurs over and over again.. it does not stop filling the machine and therefore can't go to the next step either. Later I also noticed that the water was leaking at the left side of the machine (from my perspective). I opened up the back of the machine and it seems to be leaking from the thermostat... which is very awkward. Not sure if that is the only place it was leaking from.

I've recently had a faulty board (broken heater relay error), which I got fixed (replaced relay and capacitor), so I don't think it is another fault on it...

Hope you guys can help me out with this :(

Sponsored Links
Check presure pipe has not come disconnected.

Thank you for the reply rocks!! But how can I reach that? I opened up the back and the top of the machine, I think I know where the pressure hose is (it's a black elastic one). The circular thing that it is connected to it is attached to the top of the side wall of the machine, but the other end goes under the drum, which is difficult for me to reach without turning the whole machine. :s

Remove the 2 screws at the rear of the lid and slap the lid from the front with the palm of your hand so it slides back. Then you are in

Sponsored Links
I think I've done that already, but it's still difficult to reach... maybe I'll be better at describing it with a couple of photos:

labelledwidl146.jpg

dsc00231gy.jpg

dsc00228y.jpg

dsc00229t.jpg

Turn power off
Remove the pipe from the pressure switch and blow into the pipe 'it should be clear'
Blow into the pressure switch where you disconnected the pipe from you should hear several clicks

the tube sometimes gets blocked especially if you only ever do low temp washes. the pressure switch can also stick

reassemble and try again

(not unkown for the pressure pipe itself to get a teeny hole or split in)

Thank you thank you thank you :)))

I've removed the pressure switch from the hose.
I blew into both the hose and the switch.
Heard one distinct sound when blowing into the switch.
Reattached the hose to the switch and connected them back.
Started the machine, it started off with the pumps - I guess that was because I did not complete my last wash and it had my wet laundry in it.
After waiting a while, the pumping stopped (I could still hear the dryer fan).
I restarted the machine, and it responded the usual way.
Started my wash and this time the machine did not overfill at the beginning!!
I've observed, there is still some leak from the thermostat... it's leaking on the contacts of it. Hope it won't cause any problems. :S
The wash has not ended yet, though hope it will go on the way it should!

I'll post again in 1 hour!

Great :( another error now...

The washing did not finish. Right after the prewash/wash is done, the rinsing starts. The machine starts turning the drum and after one turn it stops and the two vertically arranged progress LEDs (which are usually on) turn off, while a horizontally arranged LEDs gets turned on. The first LED (delay start). After these are lit, I can hear the pump operating... after waiting a while the machine just stops. When I check my laundry, it is very wet and warm (it should be a 40 deg. program, but not this wet! + the softener hasn't been used). The pre-chamber of the pump is full of liquid.... (water/detergeant I believe). I'm guessing it is because the program has not ended...

I've tried the drying program to get my wet clothes dry, but that hasn't worked either.... they only got warm.

EDIT: Oh and also, there is still a water dripping sound (I believe from the washer heater). And the LEDs I mentioned in the previous paragraphs are not flashing continuously...

After the drying program, the machine gives out two flashing LEDs (number 2 and number 4).

looked it up... "f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on full ": meaning either my pump filter is clogged or the pressure hose is blocked, pressure switch is not working right....

now I've cleaned my pump chamber/filter and checked if the pump is able to turns.... positive, so now I check the pressure switch/hose again... and I do hear clicks when I blow into the switch, but not sure if it is good enough.... I unfortunately played with the adjustments a lot, and found out later that you should totally avoid that :oops: ... now I'm gonna try some runs and see if it works, I always have the option of buying a new switch.

Still, will this solve all my issues with this diabolic machine??? Can anyone hint me if all these symptoms are the cause of a faulty pressure system?

UPDATE: I've played around with the screws on the pressure switch and realized: the click that I heard before when blowing in, was actually not a click! :D I think I managed to get the correct adjustment of the screws and now there is a loader, more distinct click sound! I believe this was the issue.... I'm going to run a drying cycle first and then test a washing one. *prays*

EDIT: Forgot to update this topic! It all works perfectly now - that pressure switch was the main reason for the errors! Thanks to you both rocks and Leccy! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back