indisit widl126 flashing lights 3 & 4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an indisit widl126 1200 washing machine with flashing lights 3 & 4 and door lock light flashing. i have read that it points to an ntc fault. i am buying an ntc and will fit it but, i think i have read on another forum that it has to be programmed to the machine, is this correct? or can i just fit it as is?. thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Changing an NTC does not require re-programming. Be aware...error codes are not always 100% reliable!

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply. thats what i thought, its cheap a probarly easy enough to replace, but now i am confused because i was going to order this one.http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/Washing+Machine+Parts/Indesit/Heaters,+Elements+%252526+Thermostat/C00083915+Washing+Machine+Thermistor+NTC.html

If in doubt ring & give them all the machine details, they'll sort you out :D

Thanks for all your help zipper. Could you tell me where the sensor us situated and I'll strip it out tonight and see what one it is?

Whoops! I sent you the wrong link....sorry :oops:
You have the right NTC. It is mounted in the heater element. Take off the back plate & you will see the heater element at the bottom of the drum, it has 2 terminals & the NTC sits in the middle (it has a 2 wire plug fitted in it). Remove the plug & you should be able to pull the NTC out. If it won't pull out slacken off the 10mm nut a couple of threads to release a little pressure on the grommet then pull it out (remember to re-tighten the nut afterwards). Pull the plug before digging around in there.

No, you don't have to remove the heater element to replace this type of NTC. It just sits in a rubber grommet & is easily changed. Curious...the drawing shows a conventional NTC, but either can be fitted. Just return the NTC & ask them to switch it, as long as the bag is unopened I would imagine it should be ok.

NTC's rarely fail and you can do a quick test of them by attaching a multimeter to the terminals at one end (after disconecting from the PCB) and measuring the resistance then hold the sensor in your hand and see if the resistance changes (You can put it in the fridge/freezer or the tip in some hot water as well depending on the temp range of the NTC)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back