Industrial steel piping UK availability

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,
I'm trying to work with some old looking, industrial (?galvanised) steel pipe.
Does anyone know where I can get custom lengths of the piping/fittings as in the pictures below? I've look everywhere, including plumbing stores/wholesalers to no avail. I believe some people use recycled ones, but I'm not sure how these are sourced either. Any help will be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks
View media item 82848 View media item 82849 View media item 82850

Sponsored Links
Why not get your own tooling? What people pay for that stuff is mental. Get it on an interest free credit card and your sales should cover the investment by the time the 0%deal ends.

Sponsored Links
galvanised won`t look old - it`ll be shiny ish . those things are black iron - I`ve used some to make a wall mounted stand for my record deck :idea: Unfortunately I haven`t patented it ;)

Thanks for replies guys.
I'm looking for the black iron stuff.

Do retailers still stock them these days?

Many of the retailers sell the galvanised pipes in x metre lengths and don't have really short lengths.

What tooling do I need? Particularly, I worry about how to create the threading after I cut a piece off a longer length!

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back