Infinite Prime PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wireless Infinite Prime system that is displaying a low detector battery message on the control panel.
I have replaced the battery but low battery message still displays on panel.
Any suggestions what to check or how to clear?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
did you change the correct battery ? when you took the lid off the pir did it report that device ? or a different one ?

Thanks for reply

Yes changed out correct battery as control panel names PIR and tamper alarm activated when cover removed.
Replacement battery correct as suplied by original wholesaler to PIR device code
I suspect PIR may have developed a fault as old battery does not appear to have low voltage on tester and only very marginally less than that of new
Still scrathing head this end

just asking as ive seen detectors named incorrect before or they have got swopped around and you think your changing the battery in the dining room and its the one in the lounge so check what zone it says when yon take the lid off .

Sponsored Links
Having left the system overnight while considered my next move found that problem has now cleared and system reports all PIR voltage OK

Is this a problem with lithium batterries taking time to reach quoted voltage after installation? :D

Is this a problem with lithium batterries taking time to reach quoted voltage after installation? :D
Lithium batteries do not do that.

More likely that the PIR does not transmit a message to say the battery is now good when the battery is replaced. Some sensors only transmit when motion is detected or the battery is low. After a new battery is fitted in a PIR sensor the panel may no know about the new battery ( as in no longer low battery voltage ) until the sensor has had time to stabilise and then detect motion when it sends the first message after the new battery was fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back