Installation of Nest 3rd Generation (Vaillant ecoTec Pro 28)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Next 3rd generation and would like some guidance on the wiring for the Heat Link as I'm struggling to follow the wiring diagram in the manual.

Existing thermostat is Drayton Digistat SCR - wiring is shown in the attached picture.

Can someone tell me what wires goes where? Does the common from the SCR go to the common on the Heat Link? Do I need to join the L and N wires for the Heat Link in the same way as the SCR?

Also, the wiring diagram shows a link wire between Live and T2 on the Heat Link so I'm confused! Thanks.

IMG_6299.JPG
IMG_6301.JPG

Sponsored Links
You're looking at the wrong diagram, if you connect it as per that diagram you will destroy your boiler pcb. Follow the Dry Contact diagram with black and grey in 2 and 3 on the nest. Ensure the earth wires are still connected together.

Thanks so much for the guidance.

So just to confirm - I'll just connect the two Lives and two Neutrals together and run them into their respective terminals on the heat link, black wire to T2 and grey to T3. There's no earth terminal in the Heat Link so should I just join the two Earths and wrap some insulation tape around the join?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Hi wondered if I could get some advise please. I have a vaillant eco tec pro 28 too. The connection from the boiler to the current thermostat heat link equivalent looks like the photo below. I only have 4 wires heading off to the boiler and it seems 3 of them are live neutral and earth, so I guess going to the mains connectors on the boiler. I am confused of how to connect the heat link to the current wiring as there is only one wire left based on my assumptions!

Any help would be great. Thanks.

The one wire left is the switched live to fire the boiler. The nest wiring is basically identical to what is currently connected to that salus receiver.

Lovely. So I just connect that to 3 on the nest? And loop the live into 2?

Thanks for your help ☺️

I've just registered to say thank you! This was exactly what I needed to install my Nest! Works like a dream!

Hi, would really appreciate any help on the install of the nest generation 3 to Vaillant EcoTEC pro 28. I understand that mains 230v is to be supplied to the neutral/live connections from the boiler to the nest. But where does the connections for 1/2/3 on nest get installed?

Hi, would really appreciate any help on the install of the nest generation 3 to Vaillant EcoTEC pro 28. I understand that mains 230v is to be supplied to the neutral/live connections from the boiler to the nest. But where does the connections for 1/2/3 on nest get installed?

I have the exact same question.
Please could someone help

Thank you

Figured it out. You need 3 wires from boiler. Live and neutral(from nest heat) get connected onto the live neutral on the boiler then the connector block next to the live neutral marked rt connect that onto terminal 3 on nest.
Then take a link of wire from the live terminal on the nest to terminal 2 on nest. (Must take off link at rt/24v terminal on boiler!!!!!!!!). Hope this helps. Works 100%

Figured it out. You need 3 wires from boiler. Live and neutral(from nest heat) get connected onto the live neutral on the boiler then the connector block next to the live neutral marked rt connect that onto terminal 3 on nest.
Then take a link of wire from the live terminal on the nest to terminal 2 on nest. (Must take off link at rt/24v terminal on boiler!!!!!!!!). Hope this helps. Works 100%

Do you have any pictures of how you’ve wired this up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back