Installing a Bosch Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am contemplating buying a Bosch HBA13B250B single oven. This is rated at 2.2 KW, so why would Bosch say this needs a 16 amp power supply.

I have a dedicated 13amp power supply for my oven so could I connect to this with a 13amp plug, or even have it hardwire to this supply.

Everything I read tells me I can but I don't understand why Bosch say it needs a 16 amp supply.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Probably because it is mostly sold in countries where 16A circuits are standard, and they can't be bothered to change there instructions for the UK.

Count yourself lucky that you haven't got a Bosch oven in the 3.1 - 3.8kW range, which can't be plugged in here but can be plugged in sur le continent - Bosch, Neff et al are fond of making products like that.

Also their circuits are radials, so they don't have any of the loading concerns which we do with rings.

Tut, tut. Shouldn't put a 2kW+ appliance on an RF circuit.

Sponsored Links
securespark - this is a 13 amp supply wired direct to the consumer unit. The kettle is on a different ring would this make it ok.

Thanks for all the replies, basically I currently have a 2.35kw oven plugged in to this 13amp supply. This was installed by a qualified electrician when we had the kitchen refitted. Therefore am I ok to install this Bosch 2.2 kw oven in the same way.

Edit: I added some info

1. Put plug on oven flex.
2. Plug it in to the socket.
3. Keep manufacturers instructions so that on November 5th you can throw them into a convenient bonfire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back