installing a combi onto a old vented system with pipes under concrete floor ways around this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm a plumber and I'm struggling to find out if there is anyway you can install a combi boiler onto an existing gravity fed heating system that has copper pipes under a concrete floor!?

There maybe an obvious answer to this question which I can understand, but I'm trying to find out if there is anyway to get round if you had a leak under the floor without repiping or leak sealer which works well without affecting boiler warranty?

Main reasons people want combi's I find is for good hot water pressure, so there for can I replace the boiler for like for like and keep the heating system vented and then connect it to an unvented cylinder? Or does the heating system have to be sealed to run the unvented cylinder?

A few questions in one here and I hope I've made some sense, I would appreciate any advice regarding how people go about this common situation

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry, but am I missing something; you're talking about installing a combi boiler, but also having an unvented cylinder, but a combi gives immediate hot water, so you wouldn't want an unvented cylinder.

Or are you trying to decide on whether to install a combi, or just replace the boiler, and add an unvented cylinder as well. This more depends on the number of people in the property, an the usage. Either way, I'd take opportunity to get rid of the pipes in the concrete, and the unvented system as well.

As to the pipes being in concrete, if they're hot pipes, then I'd rerun them, as the concrete is just sucking heat out of the pipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
As above, you've asked about both a combi and an unvented cylinder, which generally wouldn't be fitted in the same house (although they can be, but it's unusual). Either way, Intergas is your answer ;)

Sponsored Links
Okay guys, I've looked at the intergas site, and they look interesting, but you've suggested a boiler make without answering the other points.

And why do you love Intergas so much.

They can run open vented on the heating with no special measures.

Also being bomb proof helps.

20161124_171754.jpg

Putting a brace into a big house at the moment.

10 year warranty too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back