Installing a Dishwasher away from Sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My first post here so go easy ;)

I am trying to install a dishwasher approximately 3 meters (line of sight) away from the sink which means i need to run a Cold water feed and Drain hose over a distance. The cold water feed isn't a problem and is already sorted, it's the drain i'm worried about.

As far as i can see i have two options:

Ditch the pre installed 1.5 meter drain hose and fit my 3.5 meter drain hose (without a high loop on the back of the d/w). Run the 3.5 meter hose along the floor and create a high loop at the sink.

Keep the pre installed 1.5 meter drain hose (including high loop) and attach my extension to it creating a second high loop at the sink.

I have a couple of questions though. Is it vital to have the high loop on the dishwasher end? Can i not have the waste come straight out of the d/w and run along the floor until it gets to the sink where there will be a high loop? Also, will the dishwasher be able to cope with the distance?

I have attached a couple of pictures to help.

Many thanks in advance!

Drawing1.jpg
Drawing2.jpg

Sponsored Links
TBH - if it was me I'd put a new waste in as well for that distance running it behind or under the kitchen cabinets. use bondable pipe and make sure the glue seals all the joints.
Don't for get to make the run has some fall on iot so it drains completely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back