Installing a dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to move home and there are a few things that I'll need to do in my new house. One of my first priorities is to install my dishwasher because I hate washing up so much!

The new kitchen does not already have one installed. It also has cupboards all around the walls. I plan on competely revamping the kitchen in the next year or so, so I don't want to do too much major work to get the dishwasher in now.

The only plumbing in the kitchen is for the sink - the washing machine is in the outhouse. I was wondering if it would be at all possible to put the dishwasher under the existing sink drainer, which would also be next to the oven. At the moment this is a cupboard. Does this sound at all possible, or is it a completely stupid idea?

Sponsored Links
if it will fit, but bear in mind if its under the draing board side (probaly is) what is going to support the draing board?

Hi little Rach

your problem is easily cured depending on the size of your dishwasher
it will fit under your existing sink if its not more than 500 mm wide and 600 from front to back, you will have to take all the inside of the sink unit away just leaving the end panel to support the worktop that your sink is sat in, plumbing in is just a case of tapping in to your cold feed and sink waste
good luck in your new home

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back