installing a gas hob and oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently bought seperate oven and hob following a refit of our kitchen.
The old cooker was connected by way of a flexible rubber pipe that pushes and locks on to a single fitting on the wall.
I have had various conflicting answers as to what is the best way to fit new pipes/connectors.We can only use one or other at the moment as I am very wary of tackling this job unless I know it is going to be safe.

are there connectors that will tee off from one to 2 ?
or does it have to be done with copper pipe and gas fittings ?

advice please also anyone know how much if not a diy job that a pro would charge to do the job?

Sponsored Links
Get a Corgy guy to install it properly before you kill someone.

New cookers have to be set-up and tested the same as hobs, and it's certainly not just a case of plugging it in.

Cost, How much is piece of mind and a manslaughter rap when it all goes tits-up.

Hobs are mainly plumbed in rigid pipe work, although some manufactures specify flexible hoses, all comes down to their instructions, the reverse is the norm on gas oven but same rules apply, supply needs to verified that it can supply the necessary flow. Wall units will have to required clearances, electrics fused down to 3 amps, and both apliances will require notifying to your local building control.

doitall said:
Get a Corgy guy to install it properly before you kill someone.

New cookers have to be set-up and tested the same as hobs, and it's certainly not just a case of plugging it in.

Cost, How much is piece of mind and a manslaughter rap when it all goes ****-up.

I have no intentions of installing myself as I pointed out.
The reasons the questions are here is simply so I know I am getting the job done right and the cost question was reasonable enough as we will need to be sure we arent getting ripped off.

Sponsored Links
I have no intentions of installing myself as I pointed out.
The reasons the questions are here is simply so I know I am getting the job done right and the cost question was reasonable enough as we will need to be sure we arent getting ripped off.

We can only use one or other at the moment as I am very wary of tackling this job unless I know it is going to be safe.

Where does it say that. :eek:

Read the bit under rules, when you signed on about how much 50-100quid without seeing it.[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back