Installing a new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just been quoted £3158 by BG to replace my existing boiler with a BG 330+ High Efficiency boiler. Given that the guy told me that the boiler (a30kW Worcester Bosch) was in the order of £550 I think that this is a bit steep.

The exact quote is as follows

BG 330+ High Efficiency Boiler
Solution 1 Conv for Conv Same Room, Same Locatiion up to 18kW
2 years complimentary Homecare 200
Horizontal flue terminal
Condensate waste to external soil pipe
External condensate connection
Condensate Trace Heater
System water treatment and powercleanse
BG Gas 330+ integral sealed system kit

Can anyone out there tell me if I'm correct or is this the kind of price I can expect from other Gas Safe installers?

I'd like to think that I can get it cheap on the intent and get an independent Gas Safe installer to do the install a lot cheaper.

Dave.

Sponsored Links
everyone cheaper than bg but youhave get right person other wise u spend more than u need

I thought the 330+ was a rebadged Gloworm.I hope you get 2 more like for like quotes,and the you can "go compare" :)

He definitely said a worcester bosch. Not sure I want a glow worm, I've read some poor reviews of them

Sponsored Links
Cheapest you'll find 30CDi conventional including VAT and flue is around £950.00.

If it's the floorstanding version its more like £1300.00.

As a Worcester Gold level accredited installer I pay similar prices to this from local merchants. Not so much of a rip off as you thought?

Bear in mind if you go to an independent accredited installer you get 5 yrs on site manufacturer warranty and possibly a better job.

I like the sound of the Worcester Bosch boilers - good reviews. I want to house the boiler in a kitchen cupboard where the existing Ideal m3080 which is 11 years old. Will the Worcester Bosch 30CDi fit? The internal dimensions are W 460mm, D 500mm, H 1200mm.

Well in London I would be quoting about £1750 and that would include a basic programmable thermostat !

That seems more like it. I'll have to see if I can get someone local who is good, professional and reliable.

Thanks

the 330+ is made by Gloworm and is around £680 ish inc vat for the boiler itself.

its all very well saying the quote is expensive because its from BG, however notice the trace heater and the sealed system kit, perhaps the system is being sealed to avoid running new pipes through the house...........

wow 2 years complimentary cover. Thats generous considering the boiler has already a 2yr warranty. :LOL: I give 5yrs warranty on glowworm boilers, dont know why bg cant do the same??

Get someone local to "Go compare" that can actually "see" the job, blind leading the blind on here, Halfords all out of Crystal Balls.

homecare 200 covers the whole central heating system, another important factor when comparing "like for like" quotes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back