Installing a shower mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so our lovely new build house has three toilets but only one shower - in the en-suite.

I want to put a shower mixer tap on the bath but the tap is against the back wall (pictured) and looks impossible to get to even with taking the front panel off.

Am i missing something?
IMG_1632.JPG

Sponsored Links
Before you do anything:

1. Consider what sort of shower curtain / screen you are going to use to avoid a lot of water on the floor.
2. Be absolutely certain you've got the pressure and flow to drive a decent shower.

If you are going to fit a bath mixer with shower diverter, as you know, you'll have to remove and replace the taps. Two ways of doing this:

1. If you can get at the wall behind the taps from another room, consider cutting through it, remove / replace taps and make good. If you go this route, consider if it's practical to provide a removable access cover for future maintenance.
2. Remove the bath, do the work, reinstall. Its a lot of work, and there is always the risk of damage to the tiles, but if the tiles have been run down to the top of the bath, this may be an acceptable risk.

Appreciate the detailed response, thanks!

That said, neither option sounds great to me, can't believe I would have to do so much work just to replace the taps! Oh well.

Sponsored Links
Ive managed to change the taps before on baths like these it was a tight sqeeze but i managed to get my arm and a tap wrench round the back. 2 handed job though need to somebody to hold tap in case it falls into bath.
Alternatively can cut access through the wall from the bedroom behind if there is one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back