Installing a shower pump to feed three showers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for twin impellor shower pump and config recommendations that will allow me to use one pump that's capable of feeding three seperate showers (all on the same floor) but they will NOT all be on at the same time.

As I understand it, there may potentially be problems in having this setup and I wanted to find out the likely pitfalls before getting any bits.

The hot water feed to these showers already comes out of the top of the cylinder in 35mm pipe and then splits to (amongst others) 22mm feeds to each of the showers.

I'm guessing that the three seperate hot feeds will need to be 'commoned up' to allow a pump flow switch (which I presume all the pumps have?) to work on any of them, but if so, will there be any sort of reverse feed effect forcing water back to the top of the tank via the two pipes not in use? Will the cold feeds (in the loft) need commoning too? Is the best position for the pump somewhere near base of the hot water cylinder?

Am I thinking it'll all be too complicated when in fact it will be dead easy?

Have you any pointers to assist or to watch out for in the installation?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back