Installing a shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking at installing a new shower and like the idea of a power shower. I would like to install a pump, a thermostatic mixer valve and a shower head with functions such as massage and champage effets but I have a few questions.

1. I can get a dedicated cold water feed from the tank but have read that I need to fit an anti aeration flange for the hot water feed. Is this correct and is a warwix flange OK as it looks relatively simple to install?

2. I would like to get a thermostatic mixer valve and a shower head that has massage and champagne effect etc, can you recomend what sort to look for? Are these types of shower heads compatible with all mixer valves and are all the mixer valves compatible with shower pumps?

3. I don't know what sort of pressure pump to get and whether I have to specify if it is compatible with the effects from the shower head.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Is this correct and is a warwix flange OK
Yes, although an Essex flange is considered even better although tricky to fit, especially the first time.
Are these types of shower heads compatible with all mixer valves and are all the mixer valves compatible with shower pumps?
Almost all mixer valves will work with shower pumps, but do check with manufacturer, if only to ensure that guarantee will not be invalidated.

As for the shower head, these need to be compatible with the shower valve and flow rates to perform well. Some shower valves will come with that type of shower head as standard.

And as for the shower pump, it depends what pressures (head) you already have and what flow rates you want to achieve. Less powerful pumps are less noisy!

Also check your hot water storage and cold feed tank volumes. They might not last long with high flow rates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back