installing a wood burner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I am looking for any advise about installing a back boiler in a 3 storied victorian house. The property has an existing chimney in the room where it is being installed, however it is almost imposible to put a liner down it due to hight and access. does any body have any advise about either running a flue internally through the house our through the wall and externally up the side of the building. Also has anyone found a cheap source of insulated stainless steel flue.
many thanks
gean

Sponsored Links
Flues for wood are not cheap. That's it. Don't get a cheap one. Back boilers on wood burners are BAD news. Have a dry one and put a kettle on top if you want some hot water. We have a wood burner, and I didn't bother with a liner up the flue. I get properly dry wood, burn it properly, and have yet to have a problem.

The chimney brick work leaks at loads of points so i need some kind of flue. Why is it not a good idea to link back boiler in with a hot water system

With many stoves it ruins the efficiency, and the running is difficult to avoid corroding the stove. Wood has to burn at a high temperature and stoves are a bit of wishful thinking. If you want to heat with wood, there are proper wood boilers, but think of £6000+.

Sponsored Links
simple advice; don't.
many risks and high costs.
unless you are specifically trained to do this kind of job, you are putting lives at risk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back