Installing central heating for novice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How difficult is it to install a combi central heating system with eight rads? I want to attempt as much as possible. Can't pay the 3000 for a full installation, so I want to give it my best shot. Are there people out there who may have been in a similar situation, or any pros who can spare a moment and give some guidance/advice. I know I'm probablly off my head for contemplating this but I can't resist the challenge - and because my fireplaces are all bricked up!

Sponsored Links
not too difficult for anyone with a bit of common sense, I did it from scratch 20 years ago

You might be better off asking in the uk.d-i-y newsgroup where they are more sympathetic to such endeavours

It has a FAQ which is accessible via my website
http://www.uk-diy.org/

Sponsored Links
raden said:
not too difficult for anyone with a bit of common sense, I did it from scratch 20 years ago

You might be better off asking in the uk.d-i-y newsgroup where they are more sympathetic to such endeavours
Do you foresee that you might, one day, post an entry that contains no showing off, no slandering of RGIs, and no snide comments about this forum? :rolleyes:

I quite often do believe it or not

BUT

I stand behind that post

UK.d-i-y is much more constructive than this forum in general. The people in there tend to talk across to people not down, they don't treat people as idiots and don't treat a lack of knowledge as lack of ability

Sorry and all that, but that's how I see it in here sometimes

"I stand behind that post "

"Hiding, presumably"

Impossible, unless it was a very broad post

[ quote = "raden" ] [ quote = "Softus" ] [ quote = "raden" ]I stand behind that post [ /quote ]

Hiding, presumably[ /quote ]

Impossible, unless it was a very broad post[ /quote ]

...or a very narrow poster.

This lesson in quoting was brought to you by Softus Distance Learning Incorporated. "Softus - Our knowledge is your knowledge".

raden said:
I quite often do believe it or not

BUT

I stand behind that post

UK.d-i-y is much more constructive than this forum in general. The people in there tend to talk across to people not down, they don't treat people as idiots and don't treat a lack of knowledge as lack of ability

Sorry and all that, but that's how I see it in here sometimes

And your not like that are you.

This poster could in no way** be considered (**maybe if standing next to ChrisR) narrow

He also copies and pastes the bits he's replying to, rather than quoting the whole block

Annoying, aren't I

"And your not like that are you."

I'm the exception that proves the rule

ACTULALLY

If someone has a sensible question, I give them a sensible answer if I have something useful to say

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back