Installing Flush ceiling lights - Junction box / connector s

Saj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to replace down stairs old fashed spot lights that were instaled when I bought the house, With some new flush dome shaped glass ones.

I looked at the spot lights and they have the 3 sets of cables running into connector strip (choc block) as expected. Now the problem is that new flush ceiling lights I have bought don't have a connecter for all the wire. They just have 3 connects available for the light (Live, Nuteral & Earth). I need to move the 3 sets of cables and the connecter into the ceiling space and bring a 3 core cable into the light fitting.

As the ceiling are the down stairs I can't get access above the ceiling without removing the carpets and then the floor boards above the rooms (hope this makes sence).

I'm thinking of using a connector strip (choc block) 10A or a 15A in the ceiling space, is this ok to use or do I need a round junction box?

Any help would be appricated

Sponsored Links
photo of existing would help..
photo of the new fitting with the cover removed so we can see the terminals...

they are already in a chocbloc you say, so use these..

alternatively, get a round 4 terminal JB and connect to that, or a "chocbox" terminal cover box..

Sponsored Links
Thank you for all the replies

The connector strip is the same as the ones you see in the white celing rose.

I've seen the round junctions avilable at wickes, so i'll just go for them. hopefully they do a small size so i don't need to make a very large hole in the ceiling

The maximum bulb wattage is 60 watts, so which amp junction box should I get?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back