Installing gas hob and gas oven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing a new kitchen & If installing a gas hob and a gas oven do my connection points have to be behind the oven or to one side of the back of the oven?

Also, how do you connect 2 appliances to a single bayonet fitting. Do hobs and new built under ovens come with a flexi hose like stand alones?

I've included a pic of what my existisng valve is like.

View media item 30322

Sponsored Links
Best to leave all the work to your Gas Safe man.

Sponsored Links
image01.jpg

Get one of these and you can fit four appliances to it ;)

No i'n not gas safe, i do all my own pipe work up until the final connection to the mains which is carried out by gas safe registered friend and they pressure test my system same as every year with my annual inspection.

No i'n not gas safe, i do all my own pipe work up until the final connection to the mains which is carried out by gas safe registered friend and they pressure test my system same as every year with my annual inspection.

When you say "mains", do you mean the live gas supply, or the meter? Either way, you are clearly not competent at installing cookers, and therefore it is not permissable for you to carry out any part of this particular installation. Why not just get your "friend" to do it properly?

He can run pipes wherever he wants. He can connect them up too if he wants.

Well tell the man what he wants to know then. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back