INSTALLING PUMP ON GRAVITY FED WATER SYSTEM..HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by rsj84, 13 Apr 2008.

1. rsj84

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all...

Im just doing some work on my bathroom and wish to install some new mixer taps on the basin and a shower bath mixer which all require a minimum of 1bar pressure to operate.

I have a gravity fed system which does not do the job...obviously...

I cant raise the cold water storage much more than it is...although I dont think this will do enough to make a difference..

My only option now is to install a pump.. the one im looking at is a Salamander Right RGP40 pump.

I know this will sort out the hot water... but my question is.. will I need to have one for the cold water as well?

Any help would be appreciated regarding installation of the pump... i.e wiring etc..

2. andytheplumber

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes you do.

3. andytheplumber

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Best place for pump is next to the hot water cylinder, and you need a seperate 13amp spur to feed the pump and lots of isolation valves

4. stardanny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Isn't this for a combi only, main fed?

Dan

5. rsj84

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    thanks for the replies..

does that mean i would need 2 separate pumps... or is there one that can do both?

with regards to the wiring... if the pump is placed near the hot cylinder.. i have the wiring for the whole central heating/hot water system there... can the wiring be taken from there... or would i have to spur from the main sockets?

andytheplumber...just a random question.. how much would you charge for such a job? :rolleyes:

6. rsj84

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    the taps that im looking at are suitable for gravity fed system... but need a minimum of 1bar pressure...