Installing replacement built in double electric oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The old oven I am replacing was wired up to two 6mm twin and Earth cables. The replacement oven has a different terminal connection arrangement and can only accommodate one of the cables. The cables disappear behind the kitchen units which I am not replacing but I think one of them may power the electric hob? Can I connect the two cables together and then run a single cable from the connection into the oven? What form of connector or junction box should I use. Thanks

Sponsored Links
You will need a terminal block capable of at least the maximum current that the circuit can deliver.
That means the value of the MCB/fuse for the circuit in your consumer unit.

Ideally you should use a dual appliance terminal block at the place where the cable originates from. (Should be a cooker connection plate)
Click 45a Easyfit Dual Cooker Appliance Cooker Outlet Plate

If you cannot access the cooker connection plate then something like this 60amp terminal box may be suitable
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/AAJB60.html
Box should be screwed to the wall and cables clipped/supported.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back