Insulating a brick shed

TCH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a 1.8M x 1.8M shed next to my house made from single skin brick.
I'm moving the gas boiler in to it and want to put a freezer in it as well.

Freezers don't like the cold so I'd like to insulate the interior walls with celotex. My question is, do I need to batten-out and have an air gap or can I place it straight on the brick?

Depending on the freezer size, I might not have much space so would rather have thicker insulation than batten and insulation.

Suggestions on sizes are welcome.

Rgs,

Tim

Sponsored Links
My freezer loves the cold. Had one in an uninsulated garage for donkey's years and no problem at all.

Lots of people store their freezers in un-insulated garages but they're not supposed to work very well below 10 degrees.

You don't need an air gap but you do need a reliable way to fix the sheets to the wall.

Sponsored Links
Expanding foam will stick the sheets to the wall, but you will have to make some braces to hold it in place as it cures.

We've had a chest freezer in an outbuilding for well over 7 years (must be older than that as we bought it from the seller of the house) and it's still going strong.

Don't know why you'd need to insulate it just for the freezer....?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back