Insulating betweenthe eaves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have insulated the loft and boarded it out, it's an end terrace with a normal pointed roof, that has (I think you call them) fire break either side.

Between the eaves is the normal black felting, quite dusty with a few rips, it's all good and does not leak, it's just it's a little dusty and drafty, and I would like to stabilise the temperature a little.

I keep a printer and other stuff up there, so need to do something.

What the cheapest way to do this, can I use the reflected silver sheet or roll? And staple it to the wood, as it will still leave a nice air gap at the back?

Is there any other ideas.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
The loft needs to be ventilated. The only way to increase/stabilise the temperature is to add insulation at rafter level but to do this you will need to introduce continuous ridge vents or a couple of tile vents on each side near the ridge.

Ok, I Thought if I just used the silver stuff on the rafters there would still be a 4" air gap and there would be gaps at the bottom, as I would be only going half way down.

I need to make it less dusty, as it's just the old felt and the wood showing, what to do?

Thank you

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back