Insulating ceiling of car park below living room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our living room is above a car park used by the residents of our building. The car park is quite open to the outside and our living room gets very cold in winter. Has anyone seen or heard of any type of insulation applied to the ceiling of such a car park and could it make much difference to the temperature of the living room?

The only other option seems to be to keep central heating on at all times, which would be costly.

Sponsored Links
There are a number of ways that you could insulate within the car parking area however, as it's likely that this isn't your property (common area) and there are quite stringent fire regulations to consider, it's unlikely that you would be permitted to alter the area externally.

I would assume that it is a concrete floor - what floor covering do you have?

I would assume that it is a concrete floor - what floor covering do you have?
It is a concrete floor with an oak wood floor covering. Wood is I know a cold floor type, but was hoping to keep it. Maybe we need to look into better insulation below the wood floor. I haven't been able to see what insulation was used below the wood floor.

Sponsored Links
The most practical solution is better internal insulation - "wood" floors are always going to be cold to the touch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back