Insulating Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,

I am just insulating the roof on my outhouse, I have pulled the old plasterboard off to reveal the rafters and was going to insulate between them with polystyrene the plasterboard over.

They are only 80mm thick and I need to leave a 50mm gap (I presume to prevent heat loss though conduction). This means I cant use: http://www.wickes.co.uk/polystyrene-rafter-insulation-boards-pk3/invt/210020/?source=123_74

because they are 60mm already.

Should I just cut some thinner polystyrene myself? What plasterboard should I use?

Cheers,

Mick

Sponsored Links
Have you got the roof height to drop the ceiling a little. You only need 30mm so could add some batons to your rafters.

Have you got the roof height to drop the ceiling a little. You only need 30mm so could add some batons to your rafters.

Genius! Plenty of space to lose. Will get some batons today and stick the rafter insulation in,

I am going to use "thermal plasterboard" on after, any ideas what type to use? How do I fasten it? Nailed to rafters?

Mick

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back