Insulation grants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there any any grants available for buying loft insulation for businesses? By business, i'm refrering in this case to a village Playgroup. They are using a church hall and the building is freezing cold in winter and the heating costs are threatening the long-term viability so i've suggested they insulate above the ceiling (there is currently no insulation at all). Just wondered if either the playgroup or the church itself could get a grant to help or cover the cost of buying the insulation?

If anyone knows of any grants, or can suggest where I can look, i'd be grateful. I've had a look online but it doesn't appear to be straightforward and mostly refer only to grants for domestic properties.

Sponsored Links
My practical advise would be to wait for the subsidised insulation to re-start then get the mums+dads in the village to go down to B+Q and each get a huge roll of the stuff for £3 or whatever silly price they let it go for.

No idea whether they've re-started selling the subsidised stuff though.

Gary

I'd read somewhere that it was inevitable due to our EU targets, but it'd have to be in a form that was less easy for builders to abuse for commercial gain. I'm not sure what my source is though, and haven't been to one of the sheds for a while.

Sponsored Links
I'd read somewhere that it was inevitable due to our EU targets, but it'd have to be in a form that was less easy for builders to abuse for commercial gain.
I abused it and it was very easy. In fact, as much as i wanted to buy.

There was a limit to how much an individual could buy in one hit but you could go back the next day if you wish, and buy more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back