Insurance company, heating would not turn on. Won't fix it!

Sorry for the late reply.

See images of programmer & wiring to it.

The valve can be turned by hand with some ease, no apparent leaks.

Be back in a few hours. Let me know what you think I should do.

Thanks.

CIMG8919.jpg

CIMG8916.jpg

CIMG8926.jpg

CIMG8936.jpg

CIMG8922.jpg

Sponsored Links
unlucky-you have an icos. (your 3port valve is the least of your worries)

Carp installer. Controls should have been sorted when the boiler was installed (but anyone fitting Ideal doesn't care about customers).

The hot water off wire is missing from the programmer, AFAIK it is required on the Duoval setup. Does the boiler have a permanent live? Without tracing all the wiring it's impossible off the images..presumerably there are further connections elsewhere.

I'd ripout the Sunvic and use a couple of Honeywell 2 ports with the Honey wiring center.

Carp installer. Controls should have been sorted when the boiler was installed (but anyone fitting Ideal doesn't care about customers).

The hot water off wire is missing from the programmer, AFAIK it is required on the Duoval setup. Does the boiler have a permanent live? Without tracing all the wiring it's impossible off the images..presumerably there are further connections elsewhere.

I'd ripout the Sunvic and use a couple of Honeywell 2 ports with the Honey wiring center.

i agree. looks like you paid peanuts and got a monkey! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
This would not be classed as an emergency repair,it would be routine maintenence.
Emergency means that, water flooding etc.
No one could be expected to carry these sort of spares as there are many types,and it can be a good hours job or more if system is old and poorly maintained.
I suggest you bite the bullet and pay someone to do a proper repair,which would have been done now and cost less than your time spent fannying about looking for cheapest option.
How many hours have you spent on this fault?

This would not be classed as an emergency repair,it would be routine maintenence.
No one could be expected to carry these sort of spares as there are many types,and it can be a good hours job or more if system is old and poorly maintained.
I suggest you bite the bullet and pay someone to do a proper repair,which would have been done now and cost less than your time spent fannying about looking for cheapest option.

couldn't agree more.

I see no more wiring anywhere. If you look at the programmer underneath it there is a on/off switch. This powers the bolier & programmer. Didn’t think to put that in the image. :rolleyes:

Sh1t, unless your experienced and qualified there’s no way you know you been sold a dud!

Also, what can I do with what I've got. I can't get someone round in a few days - with all the plumbers being soo busy.

I'll have to do it myself & order the stuff today - to sort for Thursday.

Not much just a few on this forum but the learning experience has paid off... :D

Well i suppose if you have the time to do it you may learn something new, just that most people want it fixing just before it broke. :D

[
Also, what can I do with what I've got. I can't get someone round in a few days - with all the plumbers being soo busy.

What nonsense!

Most boiler engineers have little work to do during August and sit beside their phones, hoping they might ring!

You just dont want to spend the money! But if you can do it yourself then there is nothing wrong with that.

Geoff, I think the second off contact is not required because the relay gives the "off" signal to the powered off valve. Of course it would have been easier to lose the relay and put in an extra wire. ( But he only had four core and earth! )

I hope he is going to replace the leaked valve body!

Tony

[

What nonsense!

Most boiler engineers have little work to do during August and sit beside their phones, hoping they might ring!

You just dont want to spend the money! But if you can do it yourself then there is nothing wrong with that.

Geoff, I think the second off contact is not required because the relay gives the "off" signal to the powered off valve. Of course it would have been easier to lose the relay and put in an extra wire. ( But he only had four core and earth! )

I hope he is going to replace the leaked valve body!

Tony

I just pick up whats said on the streets.. I'm not a tight git honest - I just want to get it out the way asap. I doubt very much I could get someone in Thursday without paying for the short notice.

I'm not too bad with DIY so I know I could do it myself especially the Valve & don’t forget my neighbour is an electrician if I get stuck with the electrics. I don't want to be pulling new cables from where the boiler is upstairs and need to work with what’s there.

So whatever you guys based on the above recommend tonight I’m ordering tomorrow. For installation on Thursday.

I just pick up whats said on the streets.. I'm not a tight git honest - I just want to get it out the way asap. I doubt very much I could get someone in Thursday without paying for the short notice.

Perhaps you live in Hampshire USA?

There is no such thing as short notice payments here!

I was called for a boiler repair this afternoon and was there within 30 minutes!

Twice I have gone on behalf of a manufacturer for a warranty repair and arrived within 20 minutes of the installer calling the manufacturer. They were a bit surprised though! ( Actually one was just 11 minutes as I was only a block away! The only difference in the postcode was the last letter! )

Tony

Perhaps you live in Hampshire USA?

There is no such thing as short notice payments here!

I was called for a boiler repair this afternoon and was there within 30 minutes!

Twice I have gone on behalf of a manufacturer for a warranty repair and arrived within 20 minutes of the installer calling the manufacturer. They were a bit surprised though! ( Actually one was just 11 minutes as I was only a block away! The only difference in the postcode was the last letter! )

Tony

In London. Ok I'm going to put you to the test - I'm going to ring a few from the Yellow pages.... How much am I looking at as a reasonable figure?

In the meantime looks like everyone’s gone to bed :(- need a parts list at a minimum for my wiring setup.

Why don't you phone Agile :LOL: seeing as he's sitting by the phone waiting for your call :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back