Intercoms / group paging between rooms in a house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning to develop a large old house, totally gut out.

Any suggestions for a type of intercom in each of the rooms in the large house to shout at they kids to get started on mowing the lawn, page the wife to start the ironing and cooking and getting the mistress to leave the study?

Any suggestions on the technical setup and type of infrastructure? Trying to automate the house as much as possible using zwave but that's another issue.....

Don't quite want to use the Dect cordless phones for this task.

Thx.

Sponsored Links
You can use an intercom system, some of which have a paging function - but the paging probably won't be very loud

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221189810271

Or use a small telephone switchboard system eg

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/PAKXTEA308E.html

which will page to the speakers in the system phones, and has a paging output to which you can connect an external amplifier and speaker system. You can add door stations to this sort of system. Older Panas appear on ebay often eg KX-TA624.

Or you can go VoIP and use VoIP paging although this tends to be a bit expensive at the moment.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
hmmmm....anything more modern and wireless that can be done without lifting a handset, hands free like?

Sponsored Links
That looks good, don't use them myself, but I know what I like, have you used any/many?

I did say in my original post that I didn't want to use my Dect phone. Proper intercom.

It looks good that requires wiring of cat 5 cable. Haven't ruled it out as I will be doing a redevelopment project but wireless is preferable.

Thx.

Might end up resorting to 80s style walkie-talkies if I cannot find anything decent. Lol.

Like it ! :D

But you can't go wrong with aiphone equipment got loads in local housing jobs ....bullet proof !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back