Intergas boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at replacing my old Gloworm Ultimate boiler with an Intergas one. Did a search on here and found one recent post asking if they were good but it seemed to quickly degenerate into an argument.

So overall are they as good as anything else out there or should I be looking at something else?

Sponsored Links
Hi Ray
I'm not a heating angineer, although I am involved in other engineering disciplines, and I have a Intergas HRE, which I am very pleased with. Provided you have proper controls I feel that they work well, certainly it modulates down to almost nothing if required, no short cycling, and plenty of hot water from an unvented cylinder. As any one here will tell you proper heat loss design and a good installation are as probably as important as the manufacturer of the boiler, but I would recommend Intergas.

Regards
Martin

Thought you might reply Dan. After I posted I found all your youtube vids for Intergas.

Sponsored Links
Intergas are great, and will be a perfect replacement for your Ultimate. Get one and you won't regret it

I've fitted a few and so far no problems, their sales pitch is only 4 moving parts, so in theory less to go wrong, also no failures on main heat exchanger on all the ones in service. I must admit I do like them.

I'd love to start selling them to customers but, of late, they all seem to be hell bent on going for WB's... couldn't even persuade the last 3 to go for Vaillant, which at least they'd heard of!
On further investigation it seems that they first ask relatives/friends/colleagues and are heavily influenced by what they have!
Intergas will have to step up their consumer marketing which will mean price hikes to absorb that overhead... just like WB. Inevitable I suppose :notworthy:

I will walk from jobs now of they insist on a Wooshitter. Although tbf is always managed to persuade them using the syphilis gambit and application of common sense ;).

After 5 years he goes to the custard......looks @ the boiler and says " You've got a Gonner 'ere.....should've had that intergas" :whistle:

Most common STI and the one most people have heard of, but doesn't mean it's something you should try to get
Pretty much.

"I would like a Wooshitter "

" why? "

" I've heard of them and my mate thinks they're good "

" does your mate fit and fix boilers? "

" no"

" have you heard of syphilis? "

" yes"

"do you want it? "

" no"

"so, will that be a 7 year warranty or 10? "

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back