intergas boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey everyone
im getting a combi boiler fitted iv had a few diffrent quotes but the engineer i want to go with wants to install an intergas boiler all the others r saying worcester cdi every one i no has had a worcester fitted but this enginer is sayin intergas is teh dogs but there is not alot online about it!!!

So basically who knows about intergas!!!!???????
Thanx

Sponsored Links
they will all be along soon. Im not a big intergas fan, but then im even less of a WB fan so I will say go with the Intergas.

Best boiler on the market is the Intergas and Atmos variant.

Only 4 moving parts so all the cheap made to fail trash parts you get in the others has been left out

I have two now, and they are brilliant.

Go for it, or regret it later when you need expensive WB Parts.

If the guy is approved he can give you a 5year warranty so check that.

Intergas are the dog's kahunas, go for the installer who recommended it!!

Sponsored Links
thanx guys
from what i have herd and i have asked alot of people!!! the intergas seems to be one of the best boilers on the market but just not alot of people know about them and there is not a great lot online about its that why i have had to go down the forum route as reviews are hard to come by online

but from what i have found out intergas are ment to be a great compnay with lots of experiance and if there is a fault and its in warrenty its normaly minor an they send sum one out the same day and the other big plus is only 4 moving parts so hardley nothin to go wrong!!!!

once its in ill giv u n update on it

Bear in mind that Intergas/atmos

- sell an insignificant number of boilers in the uk
- the turnover of the uk distributors is tiny
- one of the moving parts is aWilo pump, which have been problematic in nearly every domestic boiler that uses them
- the uk distributors have no repair staff, you are relying on your chosen installer for on site post sales assistance
- the solution used is not unique or new. Worcester and Ferroli, amongst others, have brought out boilers with a similar no of moving parts and design up to 15 years ago. All have been dropped, and they were no more reliable than other designs.

By all means buy one, just don't go with the hype. Three years ago, people were raving on about Remeha Avantas, and they haven't turned out at all well. Stopped fitting them 3 years back.

Go in with your eyes and ears open, and hope your installer keeps in favour with his fave boiler for the next 10 yrs. Because if he doesnt, your warranty wont be worth much.

Interesting comments Simond.

Would you say Wb, ferroli, Vaillant etc have the most expensive rip off spare parts prices in the country.

They don't want a boilers thats reliable, because they are making a killing on spare parts.

Always remember a while back, a combi boiler pump, £200 odd quid, a Grudfoss head that fitted £30.00, what did the do, changed the body so it wouldn't. :rolleyes:

The biggest problem in nearly all combi boilers is the diverter valve and the PCB.

How good the Intergas PCB is we have to see, but not having a made to fail diverter is only good news.

Oh, and it's a simple job to swap the pump for a grunfoss if your that way inclinded

simond, I am a service for them, I know what the currently reliability of the boiler is.

the pcb has been rock solid, the pump has been no bother either, if fact it perfect that they use wilo as you can easy drop in a 6 or 7 meter pump in to the boiler for larger systems...or take it out completely and fit an external pump...

not to say they dont have there problems. would be happy to tell you what issue you can get in CC.

at any rate still have not seen a boiler truly match the intergas.

The boilers (HEX, Electrics and PCB) are the K9's globes.

IGUK have not impressed me one bit on several levels on several occasions. Consider going. The Atmos route to either their own (superior?) Version of the same boiler or the IGUK boiler itself. Only go with a trusted and recommended installer.

The pump and limescale are the ONLY weakness and more easily dealt with than most other boilers.

Be interesting to see how the Hydroflow 38 performs in the long term.

Ive had a hre36/30 fitted in my house for a couple of weeks now and it is as they say,the nuts,it was fitted by a gas safe idiot who i refused to pay as he left us with no heat or hot water for two days until intergas got it sorted.

Still,whats a warranty eh????

I have faith in it to be reliable and worst comes to worse i still have the money to pay for another one,haha!

I would like one an Atmos Intergas fitted to my parent's house.

Any ideas what the best solution would be to deal with the limescale issues?

Thank You
u

The pump and limescale are the ONLY weakness and more easily dealt with than most other boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back