Intergas - flow and return temps?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Afternoon,
Is there anywhere that a user (ie me!) can view the flow and return temps on an intergas HRE SB?

Also although not shown on the installation manual, is there a way to get hot water priority on this model? ( i found a page that details what needs to be done on a similar model, but not this one).

Sponsored Links
The only real way to view temps is with the IDS software and lead which you can buy via Intergas technical on 01527888000, costs around £32 and lets you see absolutely everything that's happening with the boiler.

There are lots of ways to get hot water priority, you can use a relay to switch CH demand out or fit a cylinder sensor which gives you the option of having two different temps and kW outputs and even the ability for the boiler to control a divertor valve for the DHW

Or you could fit something like Nest V3 which automatically gives you hot water priority and opentherm on the heating side!

Is the IDS software available to anyone/everyone? and do i need a special cable or standard usb/network etc suitable?

The setup i have at present is:
3 zone values:
1: uFH manifold - controlled by raspberry pi
2: upstairs rads - programmer/thermostat
3: DHWT - programmer and built in cylinder stat

I was in a situation over xmas (granted only likely while everyone was home and heating was on), where the UFH was running most of the day and hot water tank took forever to heat up. Turned off UFH for 30min and tank was hot and ready to use in 20 min or so.

Control wise, i was looking to design my own system using Raspberry pi's ( too many people want differing temps in different rooms! at different times)

Looking at this thread for inspiration for the HWT so i can then setup weather comp, not quite got round the telling the boiler the temp is near what is required bit, but working on it!

Last edited:
Hi Razor,

Not sure if your getting notifications on this thread, but i think i found a diagram of setting up HW priority on another website on a post (possibly by you!) titled Intergas 's' plan 2 flow settings for SB/OV boilers with WC.

So taking that as the basis for my setup, At present i have a programmer that does timing for hw and upstairs rads.

From the diagram, there are three changes i need to make,
1) move the power coming into CH common on the programmer so it is fed from NC on the hot water side of the programmer (currently the two commons are bridged)
2) do the same for UFH manifold controller
and
3) take the satisfied from HW stat back to the same connector (be it in the programmer or wiring center

Then get RGI to fit in the weather comp module, and that is done - though im not sure if my boiler has HW priority - the wiring diagram on the intergas website is a bit confusing - on one page it lists the connectors as:

connector x2:
1-3 as room thermostat

Connector x4
pins 6-7 as On/off room thermostat
8-9 as External Sensor
11-12 as Open Term

Then on the next page for S plan wiring diagram it shows:
Link of 9 and 10 (no idea what 10 is as its not listed on the page above!) - i suspect that this is the hot water priority but if its not in the manual, am i correct in thinking its not available?

I've read a few threads about the Intergas and OT + WC not functioning correctly,

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just noticed that my setup may have the HW and CH sides on the X2 board - ie switched live to pin1.

Will investigate in the wiring center to see if ch is 0v or 240v.

Well thanks Dan (the post on the other forum has razor as username) so im guessing he posted it having obtained from you?

As long as it has my company name on it that's cool ;)

Could have a been done by a chap called Kim too as we both have drawings we've made. In our own styles.

Is this the one that needs extra wire from HW motor valve? [ Or relay added ]

relay added and extra wire back from hw thermostat off to the ch on.

Is there another one knocking around that does it in a different way?

Also can i use HW on the x4 board, and CH on the x2 board?

Dan, any chance of your drawings? And any confirmation i can do he priority on my boiler?

Don't want to waste installers time trying to get it setup if it won't work...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back