Interior stud wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am looking to put up a stud wall in the front bedroom of my house to convert it into 2 rooms. I have lifted the floor boards today and found the stud wall will be about 10cm to the right of the joist. My question is do i have to put a new joist in were the wall will go or can i put noggins across the joists 400mm apart. Should have said the stud wall will run parallel with the joist and i want it to comply with building controls.

Thanks for any advise

Jason

Sponsored Links
The floor boarding will be perfectly capable of carrying it, but if you are doing it under Building Regs, your bco will ask for either noggins or a joist, both of which will be totally unnecessary.

I also need to get the window changed in the room from a single large window to 2 smaller windows. When this is done will they put a timber piece between the 2 windows that i can screw my stud wall too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back