Intermediate Light Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know I can use one of these to replace a 1 way switch but will it work with 2 way switching as I have found the type I need at a good price on Ebay.thanks

Sponsored Links
It will work as its supposed to on a two way lighting circuit. i.e. as an intermediate switch. It will not work as the lower or upper switch in a hall/landing situation. It will only work between these two.
See the wiki for how these function.

That's not correct, I'm afraid conny.

Intermediate switches will work as a one way, two way and, of course, intermediate cross-over switch.

Sponsored Links
It will work as its supposed to on a two way lighting circuit. i.e. as an intermediate switch. It will not work as the lower or upper switch in a hall/landing situation. It will only work between these two.
See the wiki for how these function.

EFLI is right.
Conny, please check the WIKI at the very bottom of this page //www.diynot.com/wiki/Electrics:Intermediate

It makes you think how sensible it would be to sell 2 gang intermediate switches on a large scale, as opposed to 2 gang 2 way switches.

For some reason, intermediate switches are significantly more expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back