Intermittent problem - Boiler not lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have an Ideal Logic 24+ Combi Boiler which is 4 years old and never been serviced. I now have a fault where sometimes it wil not light and after about 4 attempts it displays message to call engineer. I do a reset and its fine again. It will run, reach thermostat temp and go off. When temp drops below thermostat setting it will light again but sometimes not and it will just circulate cold water around the system therefore I don't run it when I am out or in bed which will be a pain now winter is coming.

The question is before I get somebody in to fix I would like an idea of possible causes.

Also when it lights sometimes it does it quietly and sometimes with a pop/whoosh like there is too much gas.

Like I say 90% time it works fine.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me.

Sponsored Links
Get it serviced, and dont forget to tell the service engineer that you have a problem.
Quite a few poss causes of no heat!

So when the warrantee is invalidated by not having the annual servicing then why did you not bother to get it done ( and probably prevent this current problem ) ?

Even if you had a list of possible causes then what would you do with it?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back