Internal Door Repair - Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Was wonder if you could advise me if and how my internal door can be repaired which was damaged by my dog going MAD a trick or treaters whilst we were out!

As you can see from the image below the door has a single piece of glazing which is good condition but the beading or frets (not sure what they are called) are damaged probably beyond repair. Can this be replaced?

I am reluctant to replace the door as it matches 2 others in the property and pretty sure I cant find an exact match.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

View media item 52066 View media item 52067

Sponsored Links
You can repair that with car body filler in no time at all. A bit of skillful shaping and bobs your uncle.

Obviously stick georgian bars (or frets, depending on which end of the country you live)

Easily replaced but you need the correct moulding, not sure where you'd get it from in timber but they look very similar to the astragal type the pvc fabricators use now as a 'plant on' bar, they look identical to what my eurocell fabricator uses, probably won't work though :cry:

Would love to replace the Georgian Bars if possible (not sure I have the skill to fill with car body filler).

Does anyone have any idea where I could source. I have googled a bit and not really come up with anything.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
brink - unless Woofa has eaten that missing length of bead (looks like MDF) take it to a timber merchant and see if they have a match in their hardwood moulding rack. If no luck next stop is a visit to your local uPVC window manufacturer (all towns have them) and get some lengths of similar astragals as crank says. You may need to strip-off all the old on the damaged side of the door and replace with near match plakka stuff but if it's possible to do this you won't notice any difference in design.

I like to Woofa guard on the door ... clearly fitted when it was a puppy but now that it's grown can get to the higher bits of the door. Perhaps time for a taller Woofa guard :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back