Internal garage making the house cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an internal garage and it's making the bedroom above freezing cold ,and I believe the internal walls that back onto the garage walls are making the house colder than it should. I imagine the regulations around insulation are a 'minefield'of bureaucracy. Any body get experience with the same problem ?

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have an internal garage and it's making the bedroom above freezing cold ,and I believe the internal walls that back onto the garage walls are making the house colder than it should. I imagine the regulations around insulation are a 'minefield'of bureaucracy. Any body get experience with the same problem
why are you worried about the bureaucracy , just add some insulation :whistle:

Insulate the bedroom floor - either from above or below depending on the construction. As long as you don't breach any fire retardant materials/layers there's no problem.

100mm kingspan on garage ceiling two layers of plasterboard 12mm don't forget vapour barrier
warm as toast and draft proof the windows and doors.

Sponsored Links
Insulate the room above, not the garage below.

There is major heat loss in the floor void, so insulating the garage ceiling won't deal with that.

Have a good look at the garage door.

probably an up and over? they leak air like it is going out of fashion?

ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back