Internal light switch with 3 settings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an internal light switch to an outside light which is permanently live, it's either on constantly on the down switch or on the IR on the up switch. This was here from a new build when we moved in.

is there a switch available that give me 3 settings, IR, permanently on and off?

I have been looking but i don't know what this would be called and i can't find anything suitable, if it even exists! if not can you advise any options please?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If the switch is a standard 1 gang 2 way then replace it with a 2 gang 2 way- 1 switch supplies power to the 2nd switch which then looks after your ON or IR option. Tried looking for the same thing myself but no joy unless you start playing with rotary industrial things.

It is possible either replacing the single switch with a 2 gang switch, or build up a grid switch and use one of these as the switch. Then you can select up for ON, down for PIR and middle position for off.

I'll try and post circuit diagram in a bit.

EDIT: here you are!
full

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for the solutions. 2 gang 2 way it is then!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back