Internal partition doors with centre hung hinge??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I lurk on these forums a lot and always get fantastic info and advice without needing to start my own threads, so thank you all!

I do now have a question.... I have recently knocked through two rooms, and have found some fantastic period bifold doors. 2 panels per side. I have been searching google to see if a hinge exists whereby the doors will fold open evenly between the two rooms. This will obviously necessitate the pivot ending up in the centre of the outside panels, but as yet I have not found a solution online. Does anybody know if such a thing even exists. I have been trying to think of a way I could make it work, but this really is not my forte!

I have found people who manufacture doors which do this, but as I only need the hardware, I am having difficulty.

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me, even if all it is is to tell me it can't be done. At least it will stop me searching!!

Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back