Internal wiring of an Indesit FID20IX oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have an Indesit FID20IX twin oven. I replaced the main oven heater element, but in doing so I had the rear cover slip out of my hands and pull the wires out of the switch that controls the top grill !! Can anybody please advise me on which wire go where. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Sponsored Links
Is there 6 connections on the grill switch and 2 for the neon if so it's. S2 on switch yellow. P2 black. 4a yellow. P1 red. 2 White. S1. Red /blue. Neon 4b blue / black. 4 blue blue.

Hi Rocks1
Thanks for your answer, however there are still some issues as regards to wire numbers and colours.
I have the following connections on the switch, they are as follows;-
P1
P2
S1
S2
4b
I have the following wires and where their point of origin.
1x Red - Comes from position 1 on the top oven switch
1x Red( actually two reds joined together) 1 side comes from the mains red connection joined by female spade then goes on to feed a top oven sensor and bottom oven light.
1x White - Comes from right top grill element, and the left top grill element
1x Yellow - Comes from position 3 on the top oven switch
1x Yellow - Comes from the top oven fan which cools the oven down once it ( the oven is switched off ) and is activated by some temperature solenoid/switch I presume.
1x Black (actually two black wires joined together) 1 comes from the neutral side of mains, joins another black by way of female spade then goes on to the top oven warning light, a light blue goes from the other side of this bulb to connect to position 4 on the top oven switch which is also joined with a white wire which then goes to a solenoid. To finnish off the left side of the grill wiring another black runs from the mains connection to the left top grill.
I may now have confused you but this is what I am looking at.

S2 goes to the cooling fan yellow wire if there's Another yellow attached that goes to t/o cut in. P2 neturel black. 4a yellow to t/0 switch pack number 3. P1 red to 1 on switch pack. 2. grill right hand inner White x2. S1. Red blue to neon and earth. 4b blue black to 5 on switch pack other is earth. 4 red x2 live and neon. Hope this helps

Sponsored Links
Hi Rocks1
Thankyou for your reply.

I have connected up the wires as to your instruction and have turned on the mains supply.
The top cooling fan immediately starts up and continues to run, which did not happen before and when activating the grill, the mcb trips.
Would you know why this is happening, perhaps a wire in the wrong place?

Thanks

Check the wiring as follows on the switch pack. 3 is linked to 4a on grill stat P2 on switch pack is earth. 1 on switch pack goes to p1 on grill stat. 2 on switch pack is linked to 1 on switch pack. 4 on switch pack is earth. 2 on switch pack is the neon. Other wire on neon is piggy backed on p2 on grill stat One goes to earth. See how that goes.

Hi Rocks1
Legend man, legend!

Thanks for being so patient, all is good now.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back