iPad or normal laptop?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am self employed (one man band) I have a laptop and use it for e-mails, surfing the net and mostly use MS Word for most of my business needs; invoices etc.

My laptop is on it's last legs and I need to upgrade.

I don't know much about IPads, do you think one would be suitable for my needs or should I go for a new laptop as before.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have a laptop and the wife just got a new ipad. The ipad is just like a large iphone. Get a new laptop, you want a keyboard not a glass screen to tap out all of your work on.

Andy

Perhaps a 10.1 or 11 inch screen Netbook might be worth considering. It's a bit smaller than a laptop (15.6" screen or bigger). I have just bought one (HP refurbished) to take to Spain, an HP Mini 210 plus an extra 1GB of RAM for £215. Does everything my 17" laptop and my desktop machine do!

Sponsored Links
If you are going to be doing any document writing, or text input then you will really need a keyboard

If you are just browsing and mainly reading or looking at pictures, then a touch screen will do

I don't know why you have only mentioned an iPad when there are more capable Android tablets available - even ones with a removable keyboard

I had always discounted the tablets as being oversized phones but I recently got to try out a friends Veiwsonic running windows 8 (preview).

I am considering buying a second hand windows 7 tablet and upgrading it to W8.

If the choice however was laptop only or tablet only then I would always go for the laptop.

Back