Iron Lady !!

And who borrowed all the money that has put us in this s***te. When the Tories left, there had never been so much money in the pot.
Perhaps you missed the clues? The title and discussion is to do with the 'Iron Lady' (I use the term 'lady' in quote only), ie 'Thatcher', not the whole Tory party. No one in this discussion has/is saying all the rest of any party are perfect. So simply drawing comparison to try and support your misguided view is futile. Stick to what she destroyed... erm, I mean 'achieved'... in your view.

So please tell me how my view is misguided. The electorate did not get rid of her. So what did she destroy?
sooey has answered your request.

Sponsored Links
I should have mentioned that she destroyed the power of the unions (which undoubtedly needed curbing) to represent the working man, and paved the way for the importation of all the cheap labour which has done so much damage to this country.

Most will remember Maggie for the Miners Strike. She took on the unions and won.
Remember too that whilst the miners were on strike and losing thousands of pounds, one "Miner " was still receiving his salary (which many members of the NUM could only aspire to) His name?? Arthur Scargill.
Maggie didn't destroy British Industry. She opened it up to the people. BG shares (If you see Sid ,, tell him) Notable for now being foreign owned, but who bought the shares in the first place?? The British people. !!! Because they seen fit to sell their shares to foreign competitors is the only reason BG is now owned by Johnny Foreigner.
Maggie didn't sell BG to the French/Germans etc, it was pure greed by UK shareholders, that finally saw it owned by them.
How many people now own their own house, thanks to the sell of of council housing? Why do you think these people bought their houses? Did they buy them simply because they were cheap? Nahh they bought them so they could then sell them at a tidy profit and move up the housing ladder. Again pure greed, by UK citizens.
So don't blame one person for the legacy of the 80's

Do you have a job ellal? Or are you another dole bludger?
Its not difficult to see why Maggie stepped on your toes you bitter little man.

Sponsored Links
Warning, some post deleted.

Can you please stop this off topic squabbling with other posters, failure to do so will result in locking the topics again

Some post deleted
Do you mean 'same post'?

Funny how an on topic post regarding the 'iron lady' was censored just because it was the 'wrong view'... ;)

Do you have a job ellal? Or are you another dole bludger?
Its not difficult to see why Maggie stepped on your toes you bitter little man.
Never claimed a benefit in my life, so there goes your little theory doesn't it.... :LOL:

I just happen to see the senile old b*tch for what she is/was...!

If you say so. :rolleyes:
Do you have a job? What do you do?

So don't blame one person for the legacy of the 80's
On a serious note - can you tell me that if one person hadn't dangled the promise of that greed for all, then would it have happened as it did?

So what did she destroy
Apart from the british coal mining industry you mean?

Not to mention the belgrano....to start an avoidable war to win an election.
scargill killed the mining industry. And would you have rather seen the falklands lost. As well as more British casualties. The Belgrano was about to try and fire on a British ship. So please try and talk from an upper orifice. Not your lower one.

I'll put that down as "Dole Bludger" then. :rolleyes:
You can put it down as whatever you like...

But maybe it's time for you to visit the 'five fingered widow' again... ;)

And who borrowed all the money that has put us in this s***te. When the Tories left, there had never been so much money in the pot.
Perhaps you missed the clues? The title and discussion is to do with the 'Iron Lady' (I use the term 'lady' in quote only), ie 'Thatcher', not the whole Tory party. No one in this discussion has/is saying all the rest of any party are perfect. So simply drawing comparison to try and support your misguided view is futile. Stick to what she destroyed... erm, I mean 'achieved'... in your view.

So please tell me how my view is misguided. The electorate did not get rid of her. So what did she destroy?
sooey has answered your request.
does he always speak for you,

so when Lady thatcher has her state funera. I take it you Will not partake. l

Sponsored Links
Back