Is a Citroen C3 1.1 petrol oil change easy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
59 plate reg

My sister has asked me to do an oil and filter change when she visits next week.

Are there any peculiarities about C3s when it comes to oil changes ?

Sponsored Links
Most obliged Mursal.

I have to admit though that in all the oil changes I've done over the years I've never fitted a new sump plug washer and never had an oil leak afterwards.

Sponsored Links
ref: paper cartridge oil filter

Same type as on the VW Bora diesels ?

Shouldn't be an issue. I change my other sister's car (Bora TDI) oil/filter every year all though its about time I got a filter body cap removal tool for it since the chain type oil filter removal tool I do use doesn't do the cap any good.

According to the local factor, the filter is either 70mm or 141mm long so I'll have to get the car to see which one it needs.

Thanks Burnerman

Yep, same sort of thing but if I remember correctly, it's a smaller hexagon on the filter top and it's on a bit of an angle.
Sorry - no intention of telling you how to suck eggs! :oops:
Hope it goes well - and it's true, the tip of the dipstick tends to break off, so check that, and if it has, find out how much lube it needs.
John :)

Job done.

The car uses the shorter bodied oil filter of two available. Have used a Wix brand, the same as what I replaced.

Didn't take the dip stick as Millers, who's oil I used, give the fill capacity

http://www.millersoils.co.uk/whichoil.asp

and the oil tub is marked in litres so just poured in the right amount.

First time I've been inclined to replace the sump plug washer - copper and it looked worse for wear.

Thanks for the postings

Possibly a good idea for anyone interested -

When trying to get the small pool of oil out the the filter bowl, get the pump handle off a soap dispenser, typically Cien from Lidl's, and put a rubber pipe tight on the end of the stem and dip it in the oil - works a treat in sucking the oil out.

Nice one!
Don't fear removing the dipstick though, if the end has gone, then it's gone so worry ye not.
I'd still check the level - some figures can't be guaranteed correct!
Nice point about getting residue oil out...I've a device that fits onto my compressor which sucks the oil out of the filter housing......some manufacturers have a cooler beneath the filter in an alloy casting.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back