Is concrete drive stamping any good please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to do something about a cracked, sunken sloping drive along with creating car space in the front garden. Some concrete stamping looks good, is it long lasting, does the colour go all the way through, is it possible to lay it over the existing drive somehow ? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Printed concrete is a premium product which in my opinion is not worth the money.

One of the reasons it is so expensive is the installation failure rates are high due to poor weather.

Another factor is that concrete is a rigid product and it does suffer some movement cracking despite the retro cutting-in of movement joints.

Once freshly laid the effect is quite impressive if you like a shiny drive, but i'm unsure of how durable this shiny newness will last. As far as i'm aware, the colouration is on the surface and not all the way through.

Following on from the stamping idea I was wondering if coloured tarmac otl. would work here. Can it be laid over the existing sloping drive , it would seem OK for the hard standing in the front area ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back